British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced new immigration rules under which UK visa will be fast-tracked for professionals in the fields of science, engineering, and technology.
“The fast-track immigration route will be designed to attract elite researchers and specialists in science, engineering, and technology, from maths Olympiads at the very start of their careers to the winners of internationally recognized prizes and fellowships,” the UK government said in a press release.
UK’s new immigration rules 5 points:
1) To ensure the UK is the most attractive country to live in, the Boris Johnson government may abolish a cap on numbers under the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visas. It might also explore options on allowing dependents of visa holders to work in the UK.
2) The UK government might also explore the possibility of removing the need to hold an offer of employment before arriving.
3) UK Home Secretary Priti Patel said, “We want Britain to be the most prosperous economy in Europe with an immigration system that attracts the brightest and best global talent”.
4) Patel said the UK is looking to introduce a points-based immigration system centered on what people will contribute to the country.
5) The government hopes to launch the fast-track immigration route later this year. Boris Johnson, who led the campaign to leave the EU, has advocated an Australian-style, points-based immigration system to give the government more control to attract the talent needed to fill gaps in the workforce.
Thanks for visiting and reading Tripveteran Blog. Have a great day ahead.
Spread your care for all your loved ones, by sharing the post.
Remember Sharing is caring!